<VV> Grease etc and plastic storage bags/looking for a LM motor mount

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Sat Dec 23 01:01:58 EST 2006

In a message dated 12/23/2006 12:34:02 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
hmlinc at sbcglobal.net writes:

Similar  to chain saw oil???

JR,
The only chain saw oil I know of is referred to as "Bar Oil", and the oil
for the engine is 2 cycle oil.... the same for weedwackers... Bicycle/motorcycle
 chain lube comes in a spray can and adheres to the chain, and keeps it from
getting rusty... sure, you could use it on a chain saw, but it would come off
 with the first cut through the tree...
Being a city slicker like you are, I don't expect you to know much about
chain saws... except the "massacre type"...
;-)
I, on the other hand, have a wood stove for our main source of heat here in
the cabin... I'm finally to the point where I can stand and swing that
splitting  maul (as long as the girls pick up the pieces and bring another log for me
to  split), I can do that for almost an hour before the leg starts swelling
up real  bad.
BTW, I got a call today from a guy who is looking for a good used LM rear
motor mount for his 65 Monza... he's a retired fellow on a fixed income, and
he's started calling me about all sorts of things... anyway, he needs a mount,
as his is resting on the rear frame rail and vibrating the whole car...
If anyone can help that would be great... I'm not looking for a freebie,  but
if someone has one they want to sell at a reasonable price let me know, and
I'll get with him and see if he can do it. He's a good fellow, and I've
already  amazed him with my scant knowledge of Corvair stuff...
:-)
Well, you guys have a great weekend... I'll be on the road back and forth a
few times up to Walton, KY to see the in-laws... dropping Cheryl off to spend
the weekend up there, and then back here to tend to the animals and keep the
wood stove going, then back up Sunday night after church, and back home
Christmas day... a little over 570 miles for 2 round trips...
Merry Christmas everyone!
God bless!
Lonzo

Lon Anderson  in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Ky  Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly Editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg
1963  Greenbrier 110/4spd
1964 700 sedan 95/pg