<VV> Grease, storage, LM motormount

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 23 02:20:11 EST 2006

Should have been more specific...  Yes, I was thinking of the oil for the
bar (or chain) when I asked that.  It seems to adhere to the chain (well for
a while) even while rotating on the bar.  Seems to arrange itself in long
strands which hang on.

I think I asked that in response to a remark about motor cycle CHAIN oil and
I wondered if they were essentially the same thing.  Never owned a
motorcycle, so not familiar with the maintenance.

My chain saw is electric.  16 inch - maybe 18 bar.  I DO have a fireplace
(use it in fall and spring) and very basic log splitting tools.  But, in
recent years - I just have a split face cord delivered - usually around
$75.00

BTW...  I do have a few ( 3 - 5?) used rear mounts around.  Would have to do
a search as I think they are buried in the BOTTOM container with the other
heavy stuff like alternators and starters (not in plastic, grease, or any
other protective device other than the HD plastic storage containers).  Does
it HAVE to be '65?  I think some are '66 - but they should work JF.  Can't
say what the quality might be - but no obvious failed ones.

Keep the chin (and the foot) up!

OH... my SNOW BLOWER is 2 cycle.  You probably don't have one of those.

Later, JR