<VV> More Storage-Plastic containers like Cool Whip

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Sun Dec 24 02:40:13 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "BBRT" <chsadek at adelphia.net>
Subject: <VV> More Storage-Plastic containers like Cool Whip
> Any other ideas about storage containers or cleaners?
>
> Chuck S
> BBRT
*******
A few years ago our job shop encountered a severe rusting environment ... it
actually rusted some galvanized electrical conduit pipes ....   also, in a
day or two, it would start tool steel collets rusting ( owch ) ... which are
hard to rust...

We tried LPS1,2 ... maybe 3, I don[t remember.. BTW WD40 seemed to last
about a minute ...  ... one cure was to apply a Naval Jelly treatment to the
steel, which left an absorbent phosphorized coating... then painted with
rustoleum (g) ....  stopped the rust but impractical for many items. .....
the very best protection was the use of RIG ( rust inhibiting grease .. ) a
gun protectorant grease.

....... the RustLick product was pretty good, but would knock you out if you
breathed the fumes from the treated parts ... at the time we were using
child slave labor, chained to their machines ( a capitalistic trick ... ) so
vapors that made workers pass out was a bad thing ... heck, they stopped
working while they were passed out ....
*************
......... speaking of guns, there is  ( are?? ) great big "plastic bags"
which are treated with anti-rust stuff that some of the gun guys go together
and group purchase a thousand or so at a time ...   that might be a thing to
do with us here corvair guys ...  probably Google these up and get a quote
... anyone ????  I would take some right now ....

........ Oh, when I wuz a dirt farmer guy, we would protect the mirror
finish plow cutters with about a 1/4 inch thick coating of hand smeared axle
grease .. whatever we had handy ...
*********
As a gun guy, I might mention a trade secret here, I know you 'vair people
will refrain from passing it on ..... the stuff that the car world-famous
rust-proof guys * used to * use a couple years ago ...   is a waxy  liquid
schmuck called ALOX 2138, used to be available to individuals in 5 gallon
pails from Alox Corp.   now replaced with Alox 6*** ( I forget ... Probably
Google it up ..  they have a lot of products ... In fact I think Alox
Products was taken over by ... Lubrizol or someone ...    ) ....  If you
call up your local WorldFamousName rust-proofer guys, maybe they still have
some of this stuff ... sell it cheap or maybe even give it to you ... they
stopped using it ... feeding about 40 lbs of this stuff to a rat probably
killed him (g) ....

If too thick it can be thinned with mineral spirits.....

I hate to Ziebart so early, but getting sleepy .. ooops ...

reargards, ken campbell, " keeps secrets well in ioway "