<VV> re:clutch job

tom zimmermann s10birdman1966 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 26 10:01:20 EST 2006

...well,considering it's a turbo with ? miles on it,and more to disconnect-again-,and having young-uns driving it,the minimal cost would be cheap insurance...fixing Corvairs can be fun,but are more enjoyable to drive...so I've heard...<grin>..Tom Z..//

Harry  Yarnell <hyarnell1 at earthlink.net> wrote: I'm not sure 'strongly' is the right adjective. MAYBE while the flywheel's
out, you might change the front seal, but if it 'aint leaking....
As to the pan (for want of a better word), yes, drop it and clean it out.
Wear latex gloves. If it hasn't been done in the last twenty years, its
going to have a lot of grey putty-like stuff that's tetraethyl lead. Nasty
stuff.

harry yarnell
perryman garage and orphanage
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net