<VV> Lakewood Rear Lift Door Latch

vpersh at netzero.com vpersh at netzero.com
Tue Dec 26 16:20:39 EST 2006

I just purchased a '62 Monza Station Wagon and I can't get the rear lift gate open. The key turns okay. I took the little access hatch off the inside of the door and I've attached a picture. Turning the key moves the piece that the spring is attched to out of the way, but the star wheel doesn't turn. I tried moving it (the star wheel) with a screw driver but I don't want to get too frisky and break something. I soaked it with WD-40 and and still can't get it to dance. Any suggestions??
Thanks,
Van