<VV> Oil Press Switch

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Dec 27 00:55:11 EST 2006

In a message dated 12/26/2006 7:06:43 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mhicks130 at cox.net writes:

I tried  the oil pressure light test whith the engine hot tonight and the
light came on  pretty quickly after shutting the engine off - much quicker than
the other day  with the engine cold.

I chatted with our Mr Smith tonight about  this and he said he went through a
lot of used ones he had lying around before  finding one that reacted quickly
- hot or cold.  He said some didn't  respond much quicker even after heating
them  up.

mike

You can remove all doubt with a high setting pressure sender from Longacre.
Racer Wholesale has it as P/N LAR-4308. It turns on below 20 PSI. This will
motivate you to warm up your engine slowly. It may flicker a bit at idle,
though, when your oil is hot. I believe it is slightly larger around than stock,
but also slightly shorter. It still uses the 1/8 NPT thread. I used it to
turn on a Trailer Stop light mounted in place of the stock tachometer on the
race car. The Tach was on the dash. - Seth

Racer Wholesale:  _http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/_
(http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/)

Longacre: _http://www.longacreracing.com/catalog/item.asp?id=787&catid=11_
(http://www.longacreracing.com/catalog/item.asp?id=787&catid=11)