<VV> "Spring clip" on left front hub

Edelstein and Payne eandp at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 27 17:37:26 EST 2006

     Many thanks to the folks who answered my question.  I went home and Doran (my son) and I walked down to the shop (after I showed him the responses that I had printed off) and looked at the front suspension.  On the right hub we found a spindle nut with a "groove" all the way around.  This evening Doran will pull the cotter pin out of the right spindle, switch the spindle nuts, and install the "spring clip" in the left spindle.
     Once again Virtual Vairs proves its worth in limiting the "gnashing of the teeth" and the "pulling of the hair" for what are really simple problems.  Again, many thanks.

                                Travis Payne
                                 65 Monza Coupe