<VV> Late fuel sending unit

D. Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Wed Dec 27 18:11:30 EST 2006

    My 67 is showing empty all time at the fuel gauge (tank full) so, I checked and cleaned the sending wire and ground wire below the tank; took off the Corsa dash to check wiring at the gauge and all is ok. Applied 12 V. to the gauge with sending wire unplugged and showed past full. Have just a concern to check before taking off the sending unit to replace the "floater".
    When the sending unit is at 0 ohms, do this correspond to full or empty ? If it is empty, then the "floater" went drawn (full of fuel).

    Thanks a lot for your answers

    Daniel (preparing the Vair for a 1,000 miles trip).