<VV> Late fuel sending unit

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Wed Dec 27 18:21:28 EST 2006

In a message dated 12/27/2006 3:12:24 PM Pacific Standard Time,
dmonasterio at megared.net.mx writes:

>  My 67 is showing empty all time at the fuel gauge (tank full) so, I
> checked and cleaned the sending wire and ground wire below the tank; took off the
> Corsa dash to check wiring at the gauge and all is ok. Applied 12 V. to the
> gauge with sending wire unplugged and showed past full. Have just a concern to
> check before taking off the sending unit to replace the "floater".
>   When the sending unit is at 0 ohms, do this correspond to full or empty ?
> If it is empty, then the "floater" went drawn (full of fuel).
>
>   Thanks a lot for your answers
>
>   Daniel (preparing the Vair for a 1,000 miles trip).

0 is empty   90 +   is Full.......why, if  your key is ON, and you
disconnect the wire at the unit and the gauge goes to Full, or past it, you then know
your sending unit is shorted, or the float is sunk..or fallen off....

Let me know  if I need to buy  a sender from Marco!  ggg

Matt Nall...west coast
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt
lots of info!