<VV> heater fan

aircooled6 at prodigy.net aircooled6 at prodigy.net
Thu Dec 28 02:25:49 EST 2006

For some reason, the plastic ones are apparently no longer made.  Ive
looked around at other vendors for other gm products and they all say
that the "squirrel Cage" blower fans are now metal.  and $$$.

I had two OE ones fail on myBrier this past month.  Well, actually, I
had repaired the one that was on the thing by re-crimping the hub,
but I guess I didnt do a good enough job.  The last time I did the re-
crimping thing was on my 67 and its been in there for 5 plus years.

I found an acceptable metal substitute (its the right diameter, but
about 3/8 inch shorter than the stock wheel) at oreilly's for 10
bucks.  They stock two sizes, one for cadillacs, which is right
diameter, but at least an inch too tall and this other one for GM and
some Ford applications.  With the hi-speed motor, it moves a lot of
air and with two functioning t-stats  that I put in at the same time,
its actually HOT air.  Of course, it doesnt usually get all that cold
here in North Texas, but still.....

Everett Wilson
North Richland Hills TX