<VV> power glide questions

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 29 08:54:27 EST 2006

 I may attempt to make a bit of adjustment to the low band to see if it will stop the 1-2 slip. If not, I'll work on replacing the PG.

   Are all the instructions in the '65 manual necessary to remove the trans? I'll probably buy a Clark's rebuilt and have the local garage do the remove and replace. They are quite good and not just a grease and oil joint.

   I read all the directions and understand them. I suppose it is necessary to almost lower the engine to get the shaft out of the differential. At least the drive shafts stay in. I can remove the rear grill etc. for them to save time and $$.

   Any instruction left out of the manual or short cuts that positively do work? Has anybody in VV used a Clark's PG?

MIKE KOVACS