<VV> Milling Piston Faces

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Fri Dec 29 10:22:27 EST 2006

Thank you to everyone who responded.  Here is some more info.

I have run the motor before this way. It did pretty well, did not ping
that much, but still more then I liked.
It siezed a piston in the bore, for unknown reasons.
I had calculated the CR to be about as Roger  states.   Reason now is I
want
it to
get by on on an automatic.   Everything keeps telling me to convert the
car to standard but it is such a project I just want to get it on the road
for now (hate having a project car that does not run around).
So for now...
I decided to throw together a mutt motor out of all the spare early parts
I have.   Based on a 61 80hp.     People will laugh when it is in the '66,
but it will make the car run, and I will later have a spare engine when I
get the good one built.
60 cyls bored to 61 std
chrome rings
Isky 260 cam
source lifters
64 110 heads ( i have them, they are ready to go, and will give equiv.
compression to a set of 80's)
Best part is I have all these parts, so will not cost anything.
-Geoff