<VV> Turn Signals Fixed!

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 29 10:54:00 EST 2006

                                        B"H

Hi all...a happy and prosperous New Year to all!

I'm happy to report that I was able to repair my
broken turn signals (lever wouldn't stay locked in a
turn position) by replacing the cam, a $12. item from
Van's Salvage, part SM-15.  It's a perfect
replacement).  I didn't have to replace the switch or
any other component.  It's a relief not to have to buy
a whole new switch! (there are 2 different switches
for '69s from what I can gather).

One problem I do have though, is that when I use the
"lane change" feature for the left hand signal, the
flasher clicks and the rear turn signals operate, but
the green dashboard indicator and front signals don't
work.  When I lock the signal into a left turn,
everything works fine.

Sounds strange.  Any ideas?

Regards to all...Bill H.