<VV> Signals Fixed!

LastHamlet lasthamlet at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 29 16:46:48 EST 2006

First of all I am highly impressed, as I had always
been told there was not repair kit to fix those Boyne
switches.(You are talking the one with the plastic
ears aren't you?) Although, there are two possible
switches listed for replacement, only one(the Boyne)
has ever been found in these cars. I remember thinking
there was one car I thought had the Delco, but alas I
WAS WRONG, it was a Boyne as well.
So, in other words, it seems as you have found a
replacement part to repair the Boyne switches,(At
least the part that breaks a lot) and that in itself
is highly impressive. Although, there is one other
possible thing, is that your steering column in not
from a 67-69, but I don't think that is the case.
On the problem you are having, it seems another VV
member has you straight on that, cause mine will do
similar to the same thing. All signals work, even the
lane change  feature(Lightly hold stick) is good, but
I have an issue with the left brake light. I place the
stick in the center and all is good, when I put on the
signals on either side and it returns, it will then be
in a position where the left brake light will not
work, till I re-center the signal stick to near center
position.
However, as I mentioned earlier, I am highly impressed
that you were able to find a repair kit for these.
That would have saved me 8 months tracking down these
Repro Boynes. Well, maybe not, as other functions can
fail that cannot be repaired, so all is good.
Nonetheless, High Kudos on tracking down that part, as
that is a lot easier than a complete switch changeout,
especially if all you have is broken plastic ears.
All The Best Regards,
Danny Barber
67 Vert

Bill H. wrote:

Hi all...a happy and prosperous New Year to all!

I'm happy to report that I was able to repair my
broken turn signals (lever wouldn't stay locked in a
turn position) by replacing the cam, a $12. item from
Van's Salvage, part SM-15.  It's a perfect
replacement).  I didn't have to replace the switch or
any other component.  It's a relief not to have to buy
a whole new switch! (there are 2 different switches
for '69s from what I can gather).

One problem I do have though, is that when I use the
"lane change" feature for the left hand signal, the
flasher clicks and the rear turn signals operate, but
the green dashboard indicator and front signals don't
work.  When I lock the signal into a left turn,
everything works fine.

Sounds strange.  Any ideas?

Regards to all...Bill H.