<VV> Engine Seals Question

Jim shamrox75 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 30 21:23:28 EST 2006

I have just replaced the engine to body seals on my '64 Monza.  I have a question regarding the front engine shield assembly seals.  I know that there is a seal at the top of the front engine shield assembly - this seal is held secure by a retainer with 5 screws.  However, I noticed that there is a gap between the front edge of the top shroud and the lower edge of the front shield.  I got to looking at my parts and assembly manuals.  Page 1-3 of the parts manual mentions a "front shield seal, rear" and the 64 assembly manual, on page 120 (sheet A 4.00) also references what seems to be 3 different seals (10, 11, and 12) that fill this small gap between the forward edge of the top shroud and lower rear edge of the front engine shield.  Is there suppose to be a seal or seals located there?  Thanks much for your assistance.

  Jim Condon