<VV> wheel restoration

Mark Noakes mark at noakes.com
Thu Feb 2 19:42:49 EST 2006

Someone suggested that I check with Transwheel for restoration on the aluminum wheels on my vintage Lotus...13 by 5.5 cast aluminum, painted, and then some of the paint machined off on the outside of the rim and the spokes to make them look original plus clear coat.  The price quote I got back was $155 per wheel plus shipping of course, so I would figure over $200 per wheel for five wheels.  It does sound like they would be perfect though.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?  This is a little steeper than I was hoping for and making the do-it-yourself approach more attractive, even if seriously labor intensive.

Comments?

How much are the reproduction wheels for these (this Q to the Lotus list only)?

Mark Noakes

Personal, hobby, enthusiast vehicles, work/school, nature/travel/art photography located at:

http://blog.mark.noakes.com/

"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is usually a difference."--Anonymous

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
-- Mark Twain.