<VV> Surgery date.... little Corvair

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Fri Feb 3 08:03:52 EST 2006

Hey guys and gals,
The Dr's office called me yesterday, and said "Be at the hospital at 6:30 am
on MONDAY, Feb. 13th, it will be outpatient surgery....".... so there ya have
it... the bad part is we live about 65 miles from the hospital, so we'll need
to leave home at 5:00 am... and my lovely Cheryl gets a bit cranky if she
doesn't get all her sleep...  I, on the other hand, can get by on about 5 hours of
sleep...
I'll be taking the 69 out for a bit of a test drive today, just to check out
the newly rebuilt carb I put on it yesterday... I need to go to a few places
anyway and find some stuff for some bicycles that my brother dropped off for me
and Cheryl... he found a pair of old Schwinn bikes at a yard sale and bought
the pair for $20... one is a man's red Typhoon with a serial number that dates
it to 1966, and the other is a woman's blue Hollywood that dates to 1972. I
asked the Dr when I was in there monday about riding a bike, and he said "Wait
about 6 months after we remove the rod"... that gives me time to get a
springer fork and some lights on mine, and a chance to fix the coaster brake and find
a book rack, lights and a basket for Cheryl's.
Well, I mainly posted to let you guys know when the surgery was scheduled...
and I was surprised it was going to be outpatient... the last time I was in
the hospital for 3 days when they installed the rod... but I'm happy I'll be
home... I hate being prodded and poked by strangers when I'm trying to get some
sleep.... but I'll miss flirtin' with the pretty nurses... heck, I even flirt
with a few of the not-so-pretty ones...
;-)
You guys take care, and I'll keep y'all posted on how things go.
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg,
1963 Greenbrier 110/4spd.
1964 700 sedan 95/pg