<VV>Sedans or Coupes???

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Fri Feb 3 16:07:57 EST 2006

Bill,

Apparently you don't know what the 3/4 angle is. It's looking at the car
from the rear corner, where you can see both the side and back end at
the same time. From this angle, the LM coupe shows a rounded roof,
rounded backlite, rounded body, and a short hood/long rear deck. It's
why I say it looks "slightly pregnant" and ill-proportioned. The best
thing you can do to try to cure this is to add a Fitch Ventop, which is
probably why John did it. At least HE has good taste! If you've ever met
him, he's a real class act.

The coupe just looks badly proportioned at the 3/4 angle.

By contrast, there is NO wrong angle to the 4door. But it takes someone
who has a good sense of proportion, or the art training, to realize
THAT.

BTW, one of the things I think would be neat to do is to take a 4door,
remove all four doors, knock out the "B" pillar, mount a pair of coupe
doors to it, then fill in the gap with the remains of a coupe quarter
panel. Viola! A formal-roofline "coupe." You love 2doors, well how'd
THAT be for you? The only thing that prevents me from doing it is trying
to figure out what I'd do for quarter windows. LOL

-Mark