<VV> Window headers, (Minimal Corvair)

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Feb 4 16:59:54 EST 2006

In a message dated 2/3/2006 7:55:39 PM Pacific Standard Time,
AeroNed at aol.com writes:

In a  message dated 2/3/2006 8:30:35 A.M. Central Standard Time,
bryan at skiblack.com writes:

At least  in the case of the Neon,  the stated reason to add the headers
on the 2nd  gen cars was to  reduce wind noise.

On my new car, the windows move up and  lock into position when the  door is
closed. When the button is pushed to open the door, the window drops  down
(about 1/4") and the door pops open. It takes some getting used to. It is  fun to
reach to open the door - from the outside - and watch the window jump  down a
bit as the door opens up. I am afraid to find out what happens if the
battery is completely dead and you have to open the door from inside. There is a
mechanical release by the seat that WILL open the door. It activates the window
drop as well, as long as the battery has juice. I must admit that I cannot
visualize a case where you are sitting in the car and the battery goes dead.
Perhaps in a shop when someone else is disconnecting a battery cable? I guess
the upper locking of the window is to keep the windows installed in the car at
 180 MPH. I do not plan on trying out that feature!  -Seth