<VV> Cam Bearing Wear

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Sun Feb 5 14:59:56 EST 2006

In a message dated 2/5/2006 10:59:21 AM Pacific Standard Time,
vairologist at verizon.net writes:

> Has anyone tried metal spray or chrome buildup to close the gap?  How about
> other solutions?  The one thing I don't want to hear is that you build a lot
> of engines, and worn out blocks are not a problem.

*********
How about adding Cam Bearings??  like V W's   Just a matter of finding the
right bearing and a one time boring of the case....

Most American engines have the pressed in.....just a matter of clearance /
interference  to make the case halves hold them in place.  An elongated oil hole
would lessen the chance for misalignment.

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug