<VV> Vacuum Blow-up DVD

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 5 16:48:41 EST 2006

Sad news at this time.  There will be an indefinite delay due to technical
(and other) difficulties.

A portion of the latest info on this follows.  Other things are involved
which do not need to be generally published.  I have snipped them out.

PASTE:

While I am still waiting for cover art & inserts to be completed, there are
bigger impediments to the project. As you may recall from our conversation
at the November meeting, I experienced enormous problems when I upgraded the
editing software midway through the project. I was in contact with the Tech
folks at Pinnacle, and by the end of November it was determined that there
was no way to use the work already completed with the old version (which is
no longer supported at all by Pinnacle). The new version had already
converted the work file to the new format; so all the work to date (nearly
50 hours of digitizing, editing and rendering) is useless. What needed to
happen at that point was to start over from scratch... digitize the clips,
edit them individually and then together into scenes, add transitions,
titles, overlays, etc, and then render each edit, transition, and title.

END PASTE

I had seen the "first" version - when the project was at about the 1/2 way
point.  It was excellent at that stage, but not completed.  From what I read
above, all the original work is now unusable and must be re-done from
scratch using the "updated" version of the software being used.

When I hear further, I will make VV aware.

Later, JR