<VV> engine rebuild....

4carbcorvair 4carbcorvair at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 18:10:39 EST 2006

Hi all. 66 Corsa 140. I dropped the drivetrain today to change the throw out
bearing shaft seal. The engine smokes and has some base pressure, smoke out
of the tail pipe,  PCV and oil fill. I'm going to change the pistons, rings,
rods and cylinders while it's out. The engine runs good and is quiet
otherwise. Should I worry about the cam/lifters, split the case and change
that? One of the heads has been refreshed. I'm going to change the harmonic
balancer, fuel pump and a few other little things while it's out. Any other
opinions/thoughts? I don't have a lot of $$ to just throw at this.

Thanks!
--
Ron Tinkham

66 Corsa Convertable, 140, 4sp.