<VV> 67 4 door brake questions- rear brakes unadjust themselves

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Feb 6 19:14:26 EST 2006

I check the star wheel adjusters by pushing down on the adjusting lever
and see that the adjuster gets longer. Usually easier done while
assembling than after assembly. Check while lubricating threads.You
could also look at the R and L stamped into the end under the cap at the
star wheel end. Right and Left are from the driver's perspective on all
automotive parts information. Left = driver's side, right = passenger's
side.

All you non-self adjusting brake people (1960 -1962) ignore this. All
four of your wheels have the same threads.

Frank DuVal