<VV> Sticky rings

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 7 15:20:28 EST 2006

Hey gang,
  Now that Orange Crush is out of Group Red, I noticed considerable puffing from the oil breather tube. (yeah, like it was hard to miss). The frequency looks like one, maybe two cylinders affected. I'm hoping I'm looking at stuck rungs as opposed to heavy wear, a scored cylinder or broken rings.
  So the question is this; assuming the compression isn't that far off, has anybody had luck using that old airyplain shade-tree mechanic trick, a quart of Marvel Mystery Oil, to free up the rings in a Corvair? If it works, I won't have to disassemble and rebuild. If it doesn't, I'm out a quart of MMO.
  Please--so this doesn't go on forever, PLEASE no "me too" answers without something to contribute. I already know what I have to do if MMO doesn't work.

  Chuck
  LIFCCXGP