<VV> CAMS and CAM Bearings

Rad Davis rad.davis at comcast.net
Tue Feb 7 16:57:29 EST 2006

Sleeving lifter bores on smallblock chevies is pretty well documented.  In
their case, it is generally done because there's power to be had if all the
bores are properly aligned, and the General isn't renowned for
ultra-precise machine work.  Since the Corvair case has a perpendicular
mating face to the lifter bores, it wouldn't be too bad to bore them
oversize, then sleeve to spec.  I'd probably use a brass or bronze sleeve.

Of course, this is assuming that the crankcase is unobtanium for some reason...

Rad Davis:                                        rad.davis at comcast.net
Corvairs--65, 66 Corsa coupes, '65 'brier Deluxe   http://www.corvair.org/
Keeper of the Forward Control Corvair Primer:
http://www.mindspring.com/~corvair/fc1.html
"We did Nebraska in seven minutes today. I think that's probably the best
way to do Nebraska."                            --Brian Shul, _Sled Driver_