<VV> Putting miles on the '69, was: Boring Lifter Bore Wear

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Wed Feb 8 06:40:53 EST 2006

Hey guys,
In my never ending mission to fix all the silly little problems with the '69
Monza I'll be taking it on it's first 100+ mile trip today with it's "new to
it" carburetor... it performed nicely yesterday once I got it started... it
hadn't started in several days and then the battery was a bit low, not helping
matters much, when I drove it to Elizabethtown to meet Cheryl for lunch and then
get the surgery clearance from my regular Dr... he said I'm fit for
choppin'...

The trip today will take me to an old high school friend's house, where I'll
meet up with some of my buddies from HS who all have birthdays this month...
there's usually 3 of us, but we've had as many as 6... we go see a movie and
eat pizza, maybe go back to Dale's house and watch a movie, then go home... and
we always threaten to go to Hooters, but Kenny always backs out.... I've known
Kenny since I was in the 3rd grade, and he's one "chaste" individual...
refrains from all appearance of evil or temptation... Dale, on the other hand is
almost the exact opposite, and he's just finished going through a messy
divorce... he's been looking at the "mail order brides from Russia" scene... I keep
telling him he needs a motorcycle... at least he can sell THAT if he ever gets
tired of it....
;-)
Anyway, I'll be driving the '69 out to Louisville and back today... I'll get
to see just how bad that one carb was...
I keep thinking I need to run a straight 12V to that pertronix... but I
reckon I'll wait for a slightly warmer day for that... winter has finally hit the
Bluegrass! BRRRRRRR! The temps are just about where they're supposed to be!
You guys take care, and I'll have a nice little report when I get back
home...... and it's 5 days and counting down to the rod removal!
YaHOOOOOOO!
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg,
1963 Greenbrier 110/4spd.
1964 700 sedan 95/pg