<VV> Dual Points

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Mon Feb 13 18:12:09 EST 2006

In a message dated 2/13/06 1:48:48 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
tonyu at roava.net writes:

Ala  the Mallory special-perf dual-point/dual-coil...?   Got one of
them too, for a 383 Mopar, not sure what I'll ever do with it.    I'd
run it on Ebay if I thought anybody would buy it.    Interesting
sucker, 4-lobe cam with gentle slopes, lots of dwell time,  probably
turn 7500 rpm and not float a point set.     I  understand Mallory
made one of these dual-coil/dual-point setups for a  Corvair engine at
one time.   Not seen one but I'd like  to.

Mallory DID make one for the Corvair; I have one, and it was a very good
ignition. I  have no trouble getting points; the reason I quit using it was  that
I couldn't buy the felt pad that rubbed against the distributor shaft to
serve as a vacuum advance. Bummer!!