<VV> Dual Points

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Mon Feb 13 18:39:04 EST 2006

In a message dated 2/13/2006 3:19:54 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Sethracer at aol.com writes:

> With the early Mallory Dual Point, both sets of points fired one coil, they
>
> just alternated. The three lobe cam was strange. Setting the dwell was
> always
> a series of compromises. Changing the point gap on one set changed  the
> firing point - relative to the other set of points. You had to check the
> timing on
> cylinder #1 then again on cylinder #2. It was easy to have one side  set at
> 12 degrees BTC the other side at 16 degrees BTC. The was a piece of
> hardware
> begging for a distributor machine, usually called a Sun machine, mine  was
> an
> Allen brand. - Seth

********

NOW you KNOW why I bought the one from you for my Bud!   I was Moving....and
he   had been using mine for years...  gggg

DWELL??  actually the TAG  on the  3 lobe unit says only 28 deg. for the
points....gap is only approx. 0.0011"     Timing is no problem when you have the
Sun or Allen......my eyes have been bad since birth!   LOL! [ stygmatism ]

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug