<VV> RE: '66 Interior Colors

Jeff Clark markii56 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 08:50:41 EST 2006

I, too, have seen few red interiors in the LMs, but
based on photographs (and the dealer order guides that
were in the hospitality room @ Lexington), I'd have to
say everything should be red.  If you've got some
tu-tone combination, then it was changed at some later
date.  I do know that, at least on the '65s, the only
tu-tone combinations offered by the factory were white
seats and door panels with either black or aqua trim.

I've got the white & aqua in my '65, and when I first
bought the car I thought it wasn't stock, as I've
never seen another one like it (in person or in
print).  But, once again, those wonderful dealer-order
guides at Lexington verified that it was indeed
original, right down to the aqua/ silver dash, and the
white & aqua steering wheel. I think its rarity is due
to the fact that only 3 exterior colors would look
right with it: white, artesian turquoise, and tahitian
turquoise (which is my car's color). I just can't
picture any other color on this car, so the appeal was
certainly limited. The tahitian turquoise was pretty
rare to begin with; pairing it with the white & aqua
interior makes it even rarer, yet it's a stunning
combination (at least that's what all the ladies tell
me...). Has anyone else seen the color combination I
have?  Do you know of anyone that has a LM with the
white & aqua interior?