<VV> RE: antenna tool

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Wed Feb 15 15:26:16 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: <mopar at jbcs2.net>

**************
You can make special grippers for various odd shapes by:  use an oversize
hex wrench, maybe 1 inch in this case ;   grease up the antenna base, and
the wrench ring;   put the wrench down over the stub, fill the wrench space
with somethiing that sets up hard .... like Liquid Nails, or 5 minute epoxy,
and let it set up ....

did I mention put some wax paper or a plastic bag on your fender over the
antenna to protect the car metal, maybe grease it up a bit also----- "
release agent"   you know .... shoe wax or carnauba car wax will work also.

After using, just pop the epoxy insert out and reuse a couple more times
before it chips.. or just throw it away, these are easy to make again when
needed.

We make these little " pots" all the time in our machine shop to hold weird
shaped pieces in normal vices ...