<VV> Re: Thermister

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Wed Feb 15 23:03:14 EST 2006

In a message dated 2/15/06 7:27:59 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
burkhard at rochester.rr.com writes:

OK I'll  bite. What does "worked fine" mean?  Does that mean
that you were  just able to make the gauge needle move or
that you somehow checked the  gauge calibration after you did
this and the resulting numbers were  somewhere near reality?
The resistance v. temperature specs for the  Corvair
thermistor are well known. How do the VW Squareback ones
compare?

thanks!
Jim Burkhard

Jim, It's been 20 years or better since I used that VW thermistor but as
best I remember, the curve was close; the curve was published in the VW factory
repair manual.
Scotty