<VV> Re: Pics of my Corsa

Bucketboss at aol.com Bucketboss at aol.com
Fri Feb 17 13:06:03 EST 2006

>>>>snip
I refuse to chop the radio hole to put in a modern radio though.  I  try to
keep my changes to what was stock or what could have likely been done  back
then and to minimize permanent changes
snip>>>>>>>>>>>

I am planning to TRY to install a modern DIN radio in my Corsa as  follows.

Bend the tabs down 90 degrees that hold the radio in place now (this  being a
non-permanant mod). Mill (out of billet) a faceplate that will  mount and
look as close as it can to the stock plate but has a cutout  (innie or outie?)
for the DIN size unit. I think there is JUST enough verticle  height to pull
this off without cutting into the dash. Polish and / or chrome  the new
faceplate. Install Radio.....

Has anyone tried to do this? Is there enough room with out cutting into the
dash?

Dave Fierek