<VV> Teardrops and hitches

Bucketboss at aol.com Bucketboss at aol.com
Fri Feb 17 11:47:01 EST 2006

Ryan,

I've got a wooden teardrop that I built in 1999 from '39 Popular  Mechanics
plans I got on the web. I went overboard w/ construction  (Epoxy/Varnish/Foam
Insulation etc...). A simple version would be pretty easy to  build. On mine,
tongue weight is a bit high but it pulls like a dream. I have  been wrestling
with moving the axle forward but it works just fine so...why mess  w/ it.

Anyway, I have a hitch on my '65 that was a Corvair hitch and I modified it
a bit (beefed it up). I pull the Teardrop around all the time and it virtually
 stops traffic. At the Car Craft Summernationals last summer in St. Paul, I
was absolutely mobbed all day Saturday with people and their questions. Not
sure  if it was the Teardrop, Corvair, or both.... My Teardrop is the classic
shape and it would not be much harder to get that curved look which IMHO  looks
much better than the angular version you show.

I would like to take it to Buffalo but we'll see....I almost made it to  Iowa
if not for the weather outlook at the time. Hail predicted....

I don't have any pics right now but if you want to talk Teardrop (I can  give
you my 2 cents on what NOT to do) or you could come look at mine  for ideas.
Email me off list. The Trailer is sitting in Duluth and I'm up there  often.

Happy Camping...

Dave Fierek