<VV> Radio Shack (No direct Corvair)

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 18 00:57:07 EST 2006

Hi Ron,

I gave up on Radio Shack many years ago.  Even when they did have a few
things, it was never exactly what I wanted.  Now they are basically a cell
phone and electronic gadget store.  They look at you cross-eyed if you come
in looking for a triac or diode.  Similar to how auto parts stores carry
very few actual auto parts anymore.

I've given up on finding many of my electronic and automotive parts locally.
It's frustrating calling around and no one seems to have what you want or
won't special order it for you.  For electronic parts I prefer
www.Mouser.com then www.jameco.com and lastly  www.digikey.com.  When I
lived down in San Diego, Mouser had a warehouse in the area with a store
front but since have moved their entire operation to Texas.  They have their
huge catalog online, they're fast and cheap.  Jameco has a smaller selection
but they are cheap and fast too.  Digikey has a hugh selection, if they
don't have it then just about no one will, but they are expensive.

It's sad that is the way things are going but hey, if I walk in a place and
they don't have what I want and won't even order what I want, then I vote
with my feet and my wallet.  Wonder how long Radio Shack will remain at all?

Talk to you later,

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw
1967 Ultravan #299  Newest of the herd!! Almost killed me already!!

http://photos.yahoo.com/duchesskyra
A few pictures of the Greenbrier, UltraVan, engine and tranny tear down with
more to come!

Message: 2