<VV>Rat Shack

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Sat Feb 18 11:47:27 EST 2006

As a guy who is an electronics hobbyist (you should see what I do to X10
modules!), Radio shack is convenient, but more and more I find myself ordering
stuff online, due to lack of selection at the Shack. Wilmington has a  couple
of serious electronics wholesalers, but again, more trouble than it's  worth.
Allied, Digikey, and a whole slew of others are most accomodating online.
Like I said, it's amazing what Google will turn up!

In a message dated 2/18/2006 9:20:16 AM Eastern Standard Time, pp2 at 6007.us
writes:

>The  recent posting regarding Radio Shack as a source for a  voltage reducer
>may  have limited life what with today's  announcement of the closing of 700
>Radio  Shack stores

Am  sure Digikey http://dkc1.digikey.com/us/pdf/Current.html or Allied
http://www.alliedelec.com/ would have something.

Personally I have  never cared for Radio Shack having grown up with the big
catalogs and  neighborhood stores from Lafayette and Allied that carried
Real  Electronics and didn't get a blank look if you asked for a 1N4006
(easier  to handle than a 1N4004) but the market voted.

Am fortunate to have a  big surplus store here also
http://www.skycraftsurplus.com/index.asp . I  would go there for a voltage
regulator anyway.

Padgett