<VV> LM steering column seal?

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Sun Feb 19 13:34:58 EST 2006

>>------------------------------
> Do the lates have this felt seal also?  If so, where do I find such a thing
> or can I just jackleg something together to make a seal??

What year LM do you have?  There are seals on all Corvairs around the
steering shaft.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair

I have a 1965 Monza, built in April.  Smitty told me I do have a seal and I actually got off my butt and looked in the shop manual which shows a seal.  The reason I asked is because the Clark's catalog doesn't list a seal part for the lates.  I was going to ask them if the early one would work.  Does anyone else know of a source for the felt seal or a reasonable replacement?  It seems to be there just to keep the cold air from blowing up the column so I imagine anything that fills the space should work.

mike