<VV> was B(u)y the bookz, now copyright

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sun Feb 19 13:45:51 EST 2006

In a message dated 2/19/2006 10:48:33 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
pp2 at 6007.us writes:

Another  issue is copyright. Everything GM has published on the Corvair is
copyrighted so cannot just be reproduced. Again other clubs have gotten
permission to reproduce out of print manuals but Corsa has not yet (I am
working this but so far have not found the initial  contact).

Hi Padgett,
Just a couple of comments. First, although everything GM published WAS
copyrighted, It is not known whether this copyright was extended when the laws
were changed in 1978. So yes, we should treat that material as though it is
copyrighted, it actually many not be tho.

Second, as I understand it, the law allows "Fair Use" of any copyrighted
material, so making a copy for limited use or explanation IS ALLOWED, as long as
there is no mometary gain to the user.

Lastly, unless GM has undergone a change of heart lately, getting  permission
from them to use their stuff is a daunting proposition entailing a  deposit
of $500 up front for them to CONSIDER a one year license. At least this  is my
experience.

Regards,
Bob Helt