<VV> Apology to Roger

Ken Wildman k-wildman at onu.edu
Sun Feb 19 19:29:48 EST 2006

I just want to apologize to Roger Gault.

Rereading my post I realize that Roger and I essentially agree.  I took his
comment about "lazy abusers" out of context and made that the focus of my
post.  That was an error on my part and I apologize.

I do, however, stand by my comments about the rudeness of some others to
sincere questions.  Those questions are submitted to the entire list and
are not demands on any single individual's time or private store of
information.  No one is forced to respond to a question.  If you choose not
to because your are tired of answering the same question multiple times, or
lack the knowledge to respond, or you are just surly, then all you need do
is nothing.  Don't respond.

What has made this community so valuable over the many years that I have
been a member is the spirit of helpfulness and friendlyness that always
overcomes our brief eruptions.  We risk losing that spirit if we just
standby when members, new or old, are treated badly.

Ken