<VV> Re: Pulling a Pilot Bushing

Monza67 at aol.com Monza67 at aol.com
Sun Feb 19 19:57:19 EST 2006

The way I remove pilot bearings is to use an old broken pilot shaft and wet
toilet paper. I know this sounds weird, but works well. Pack the pilot bearing
 with wet toilet paper and use an old broken pilot shaft or shaft of similar
diameter. Put the shaft in the bearing and tap on the shaft with a hammer. It
 will drive the bearing right out...you may have to add some additional wet
toilet paper as you go. I think this works very similarly to the grease
method,  however is not as messy.
Chuck Prosise