<VV> Brake frustration

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 20 09:41:53 EST 2006

 My initial reaction is that the rear brakes are
grabbing, not the front not functioning. There have
been many ideas on VV about the relationship of the
hand brake adjustments and the function of the brake
system in the back.

 I'd first be sure the hand brake is properly adjusted
and that the rear brake system is in proper order.

--- IntoCorvairs at aol.com wrote:

> I have a '65 Corsa coupe.  I did a complete brake
> job as soon as I purchased
> the car.  I replaced the following: brake shoes,
> wheel cylinders, hardware kit
> and rubber hoses.  I also had the drums turned and
> bled the system.  All of
> the metal lines appeared to be in excellent
> condition.  Test drive: Great rear
> brakes; No noticable front brakes. SNIP>

> I installed a dual
> resevoir MC.  WOW!  I now have "some" front brakes,
> but the rear still locks up with
> a quick stab of the brakes and the rear squats
> heavily when braking.  Any
> helpful advice that would give me great drum brakes
> would greatly be appreciated.
>
> Stephen Bujtor
> CORSA and CORSA SC
> Inman, SC

> This message was sent by the VirtualVairs mailing
> list, all copyrights are the property

MIKE KOVACS