<VV>The Hot Rod Article / Hi Rise Air cleaner

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Mon Feb 20 11:01:38 EST 2006

In a message dated 2/20/2006 6:50:43 AM Pacific Standard Time, Levair at aol.com
writes:

> Manyl years ago, I installed 1 1/2 carbs on a hot, ported 140 engine. It
> ran
> like it was choked with the stock air cleaner. The stock 140 air cleaner is
>
> large enough for a 350 Chevy.
>  The problem was the 90 deg. turn going into the carbs. I raised the
> cleaner arms 1" over the carb tops with aluminum spacers and the problem was
>  cured!

***************
This post is a nominee for the post of the month.
Thanks for the helpful and interesting post.
Regards, Garth
You're Welcome gentlemen!   BUT!!  gggg

I've never thought of anything....sad but true......

We noticed that a Corvair with the Desert Air Package ran stronger than one
without, if the Oil Bath Cleaner was removed and the top of the air cleaner
housing was Flipped...  The Factory Risers to allow the crossover to clear the
Fan duct proved to be the difference...

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt    Corvair Info!