<VV> Which Direction Bellows Swivel? & Baffle

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Mon Feb 20 11:25:53 EST 2006

>Now, on my 67 coupe, I've had two
>  NOS bellows failures, in short order, both on the right side.

When I reinstalled mine, I used the "most direct" method and this resulted
in both pins pointing to the passenger side. Illustration on page 6-15 of
65 FSM shows the driver's side with pin pointing the same way. There is no
picture of the passenger side. There is a illustration  before group 1 in
the parts book (pg 1-5P) which looks like both point toward the crank but
is a judgement call on the passenger side (driver's side is clear).

While in the area, I have a question - above the shroud is shown a grp
1.020 p/n 6255957 Baffle, cylinder air, with two on every 60-69 Corvair
engine. Is somewhat large and I do not recall seeing any on mine. Where
does it go and what does it do ?

Padgett