<VV> Which Direction Bellows Swivel? & Baffle

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Mon Feb 20 11:36:32 EST 2006

In a message dated 2/20/2006 9:26:38 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
pp2 at 6007.us writes:

While in  the area, I have a question - above the shroud is shown a grp
1.020 p/n  6255957 Baffle, cylinder air, with two on every 60-69 Corvair
engine. Is  somewhat large and I do not recall seeing any on mine. Where
does it go  and what does it do ?

Padgett

Sounds like the baffles that mount just below the cykinders and serve two
purposes. First to reduce the amount of cooling air passing over the cylinders
so that the bulk of the air will pass over the heads. Second, to direct the
cooling air around the cylinders so that the cooling is somewhat equalized all
around the cylinder. Your engine should have them. If not I suggest you get
them  and do install them. You will have to remove the pushrod tubes to do so
tho.
Regards,
Bob Helt