<VV> Long crank times after "rest"

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 21 15:20:23 EST 2006

Dave makes a GOOD point.  The rubber in an older pump (which this might be
on a car only going 1,000 miles per year) is not able to stand up to the
modern gas formulations once the rubber is exposed to the air (pump went
dry).  The SAME is true of older rubber in the gas line.  So (what I said
before), change (with modern rubber) the two sections and see if that does
it for you.  If not, start thinking fuel pump.

Later, JR