<VV> Long crank times after "rest"

Chris C, Warwick RI ricorvair at cox.net
Tue Feb 21 18:26:07 EST 2006

Had similar problems last season.

Made a temp fuel cell out of some clear hose and a 2 gallon gas tank.  Ran
it directly into the fuel pump.  Could see if their was fluid in the line.

Replacing the rubber lines helped.

Cleaned the fuel system, from the tank back.
Drained the tank, swabbed out all the junk.  Made a quetip out of old socks
and a wire hanger.  Ran water threw it, to get all the dirt and junk out.
After the second treatment, the water had no more crap in it.  Blew
compressed air backwards threw the fuel line.  Seemed to have helped.

On the other vair, nothing helped.  Till I replaced the battery.  With the
fresh battery, it started within a couple seconds.  My guess is it was not
spinning fast enough to start till it was good and ready.