<VV> Cold Air For Carbs

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Tue Feb 21 23:32:53 EST 2006

Smitty says:  Feeding outside air to carbs is for the most part a good idea from an efficiency standpoint.  Be well aware though that you may have carb icing problems afterward.  I built an extension on a center mount air cleaner to go right up inside the engine lid when it was closed.  Soon as the temp got down in the 40s I started icing carbs.  Ended up feeding thermostatically controled air from the manifold box to the air cleaner inlet for a brief period of time after start and then metered mixed warm air to it.  So in the long run I was just about back where I started inlet temp wise.  Better have your ducks in a row when you try to outsmart research by the GM engineers.