<VV> COLD / HOT START ISSUES

EXT-Stein, Gary Gary.Stein at boeing.com
Thu Feb 23 08:34:31 EST 2006

My 64 Spyder coupe "Mr. Breeze" also had cold start problems. A squirt
of starter juice would always work. I have now installed an electric
choke kit from Clark's and my starting problems are gone, even in cold
Philadelphia.  Sometimes I don't start her for 2 weeks at a time but
when I do try it is now just 2 pumps on the pedal then varoooom.

In the hot summer I was having a vapor lock problem so I wrapped the
fuel lines in the engine area with 1" wide fiberglass and the problem
wet away.

Thanks for all the good input in this venue.

Gary Stein
64 Spyder Coupe
"Mr. Breeze"