<VV> BG Services for Corvair powerglide transmissions

James Davis jld at wk.net
Thu Feb 23 16:40:24 EST 2006

Err, you might want to pick up a copy of the 1965 Corvair shop manual
and reread page 0-8 on "Transmission - Powerglide".  GM recommends a
2 qt fluid change at least every every 12,000 miles.  According to
Castrol, any time  a conventional transmission oil exceeds 160 F the
life of the oil is compromised.  Using a synthetic or synthetic blend
can improve its temperature tolerance.  Just how much Castrol
wouldn't say.  Then there is the contamination issue.  Remember the
Corvair Powerglide has no transmission oil filter, only a filter screen.
Jim Davis