<VV> BG Services for Corvair powerglide transmissions

James Davis jld at wk.net
Thu Feb 23 17:18:40 EST 2006

Well, the same 1965 shop manual recommends 6,000 mile engine oil
changes but I know of only few that go that long.  Of course that was
with 10W-30, SC conventional oil.  With the transmission, I think it
is a sludge issue.  As stated the torque convertor will trap any
heavy particles in the transmission oil .  One only has to go to
Cookville, TN and see what they flush out of the typical torque
convertor after it is cut open on a rebuild to understand why clean
fluid is a necessity.
Jim Davis