<VV> Re: Business Trip - Some Corvair Please Be Considerate

Garth Stapon corvair2 at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 23 21:23:31 EST 2006

Group:

I just arrived back from a business trip to Wilmington, DE and spent some time with GM. The Solstice/Sky plant just added two shifts and is ramping up on production.

I love the styling of these cars. They set up an early production model in the plant. It was a model that was built last September and contained some real world customer comments from a JD power survey. They attached the comments to the car and put it on display at the plant entrance.

The car was titled the talking car. It had some good customer feedback as well as some ridiculous comments. (My car has no luggage space???)

It also contained a comment that the feedback was from some very early production models and many of the negative comments had already been addressed.

I think it reinforced the message that GM customers are real people with real choices. To me, it is one small step in the right direction. Customer focus continues to live in Wilmington.

Corvair Content

My good friend and business associate Jim Kinser brought my Corvair back from Cleveland. The students at Ohio Technical College did a nice job on the paint. I need to wash some road dirt off of it and will post some digital pictures over the next week for those that might be interested. The paint is not perfect, but it meets my expectations.

My good friend Peter (Caveman) Koehler has located a 65 Corsa Turbo that is beyond saving, and has promised to help me with the transplant of the 180 Turbo motor into my 65 Monza Coupe. I know that this is a rare car and the numbers match, but I do not have the financial capability at this point to save it, so the plan is to save what we can and scrap the rusty chassis.

More to come.

Please be considerate with your posts!

I apologize that I was off line for a couple of days for my trip and see that some exchanges that are not in the spirit of the posting guidelines. I consider this a democratic list of sorts with many great contributors, but bickering in public followed by name calling is not in the best interest of our membership.

I ask that all give careful consideration to their post prior to sending it to the group. If you are mad about something in particular my thought is that you can freely contact the person off line. If it is critical, please  consider saving the e mail and rereading it the next day prior to sending it out.

My thought in making this request is that cooler heads will prevail once you have an opportunity to review and reread a post. If you do this, you may be able to modify your comment so that it will not offend the recipient.

Thanks for respecting this request. If you chose to ignore this request, I will review the circumstances of future posts with vair.org and you will run the risk of losing your posting privileges for a period of time. This is not intended as a threat, but simply a reminder that it is imperative that a certain level of decorum is maintained.

Regards, Garth Stapon
Chairman VV